Monday, February 16, 2009

Foamies

Something has happened in the last week. I used to get terrible "foamies" any time I ate too fast or if I ate something too dry and most meats, expecially chicken. Now I seem to both be able to eat a little more than I used to and I am able to overcome the foamies instead of needing to go get rid of what my stomach is reacting too. In the past the foamies never ended, my stomach pouch just kept creating more and more gunk trying to get the dry food to pass. Normally our stomachs do this and we don't even know it, it is just a mucus membrane reaction, but when the pouch is so tiny, it fills up with mucus really fast and the only way to stop it is to get rid of the offending item. Anyway, this is all really gross, but it is nice that it is getting easier. I think it is a combination of me finally learning how to eat slowly and gauge properly when I am full, I am also getting better at chewing my food and putting down my fork or spoon between bites.

The emotional stuff is getting interesting. I am starting to get looked at by guys. And it is really unnerving. I have been happily shielded from this, yet secretly longing for it. Now I am a solid size 16, I had to get new pants this week, and I love feeling attractive again. But, I know I am so not ready to deal with someone approaching me to talk to me just because they are attracted to me. Thankfully that has not happened yet.

Jesus is meeting me in all this. I have had to let go of alot of hoeful expectation with the getting skinny idea. If I was only skinny, then I would...fill in the blank. Instead I am doing this for my health and for the Lord's glory, so he gets to decide how to use me for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment